UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2021 – Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released Exam Notice for various Engineering service posts. UPSC is conducting Engineering Services Examination for various departments which include Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and ‐Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering. Candidates are requested to apply online for the UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2021. Applications are accepted only if all the eligibility conditions are satisfied as per UPSC terms. Candidates should submit the online application on or before 12th October 2021. UPSC ESE notice and online application form can be accessed from links that are provided on our site. For more details regarding UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2021 see below.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam 2021: Over view
|Recruitment body||Union Public Service Commission|
|Examination Notice No||01/2022‐ENGG|
|Exam Notice Publish Date||22.09.2021|
|Number of Vacancy||247|
|Start date of online application||22.09.2021|
|End date of online application||12.10.2021|
UPSC Engineering Service Exam Details
Engineering Service Exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for various Engineering posts. Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled from 22nd September 2021 to 12th October 2021 till 6:00 PM. Applications can be sent by the candidates as UPSC has released the advertisement regarding the exam on the official site. As per the UPSC Examination Notice No. 01/2022‐ENGG, there are a total of 247 posts opened in this recruitment. the break up of the vacancies is given in the table below.
The details of services/post are provided in the table below.
|Civil Engineering||Mechanical Engineering||Electrical Engineering||Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering|
|Central Engineering Service||AEE in GSI Engineering Service Gr ‘A’||Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)||Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’|
|Central Engineering Service (Roads), Group‐A (Civil Engineering Posts).||Indian Defence Service of Engineers||Indian Defence Service of Engineers||Indian Telecommunication Service Gr ‘A’.|
|Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service||Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)||Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)||Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts).|
|Survey of India Group ‘A’ Service||Indian Naval Material Management Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)||Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Electrical Engineering Posts)||Indian Naval Material Management Service (Electronics and Telecom Engineering Posts)|
|Indian Defence Service of Engineers||Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service||Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts)||Junior Telecom Officer Gr ‘B’.|
|AEE(QS&C) in MES Surveyor Cadre||Indian Skill Development Service||Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electrical)||Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Service/SSO‐II (Electronics & Tele)|
|Central Water Engineering (Group ‘A’) Service||Defence Aeronautical Quality Assurance Services/SSO‐II (Mechanical)||Indian Skill Development Service||Central Power Engineering Gr ‘A’ (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts)|
|Indian Skill Development Service||Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engg.)||Indian Skill Development Service|
|Central Power Engineering Service Gr ‘A’ (Mechanical Engineering Posts)|
|AEE (Electrical and Mechanical) in Border Roads Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts)|
The qualification and age limit criteria can be checked below.
UPSC Qualification and Age Limit
A candidate for this examination must be between 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st January 2022. The upper age‐limit is relaxable for reserved categories. Five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe, three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes, three years, in the case of Defence Services personnel, five years in the case of Ex‐servicemen, five years in the case of ECOs/ SSCOs, 10 years in the case of candidates belonging to Person with Benchmark Disability.
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956
- Passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India)
- Degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time
- Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India)
- Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India
- Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959
UPSC Recruitment Selection Process
The candidates should pass the following exams to get qualified.
- Preliminary Examinaion
- Main Examination
- Personality Test
The candidates who clear the stages will have to qualify for the physical standard test and medical test in order to be selected in the final list for the vacancy.
UPSC Engineering Service Exam: How to Apply
- Go to the official site www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC
- Find Engineering Services (Preliminary / Stage I) Examination
- Fill in the necessary details and complete Part 1 and Part 2 Registration
- Upload necessary documents
- Pay the exam fee if applicable
- Verify all details and finally click submit
- Take a printout for future reference
UPSC Exams 2021: Important Links
|Click here to view latest recruitment details|
|Click here to view UPSC ESE Exam Notice 2021|
|Click here to register for UPSC ESE Part 1 Registration|